Our wonderful volunteer Storm made these cakes for the Busy Bee lunch last weekend. They were very popular and she has generously shared the recipe with us to use in the blog.
This recipe makes eight large cupcakes. Double the recipe for a 21x21cm square cake (it will bake to approximately 3cm high).
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix (we used Greens Essentials as it contains no milk)
- 250mls of Coca Cola
- Ready made frosting powder
- 4 tablespoons of peanut butter
- Pour the cake mix into a large bowl. Add the Coca Cola. The mix will foam up. Stir together until well blended.
- Bake at 180C for 20 to 25 minutes for cupcakes or 40 minutes for a cake. You can place a skewer in the cake and it is finished when the skewer comes out clean.
- Mix the frosting powder and the peanut butter. Add hot water, one tablespoon at a time, until the desired consistency is reached. The icing will cover one cake or two batches of cupcakes.
Many thanks, Storm!