For a recent birthday I was gifted an incredible food processor which has halved the time taken to prepare many of the animal meals each evening – as an extra bonus, it also makes a fantastic potato bake!
We whipped this one up late one night and enjoyed with veggie schnitzel and vegetables – perfect winter fare!
|Ready for the oven...|
- 1kg of potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
- 1 cup of soy milk
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 1 cup of nutritional yeast, plus extra to sprinkle on top
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 2 tablespoons of Nuttelex
- Salt and pepper to season
- Vegetable oil spray
- Spray a 30x20cm oven safe dish or tray with vegetable oil, then layer sliced potatoes to fill the tray.
- In a saucepan, mix the Nuttelex and flour over a low heat, stirring continuously.
- When evenly blended, add garlic and ¼ cup of soy milk. Stir until combined, then add all other ingredients.
- Once heated through, pour over potatoes, sprinkle on extra nutritional yeast and cook for approximately 45 minutes at 180C, or until golden.