These cupcakes are a PVAS favourite. They always sell out at our fundraising bake stalls!
Vegan Strawberry Cupcakes
* 1 3/4 cups of plain flour
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* Approximately 14 strawberries (riper berries are better)
* 1/2 cup canola oil
* 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
* 1/2 cup soy milk
* Place the strawberries in a flat bottomed bowl and crush to a pulp with a potato masher or fork.
* Sift the flour and baking soda into a large bowl. Add the sugar and stir with a spoon.
* Put the oil, white vinegar and half the soy milk into another bowl and stir. Add these wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with a hand held mixer or a spoon.
* Spoon the batter into large cupcake patty pans. Bake at approximately 180 degrees C for around 20 minutes. The cupcakes are ready when they become slightly brown on top.