This delicious slice is a tasty addition to a picnic lunch, morning tea, or wonderful warmed with icecream for dessert.
Preheat oven to 180C. Line a small slice tin (approximately 20-30cm long) with baking paper.
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of Nuttelex butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup of plain flour
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup coconut
- Orgran Egg Replacer (equivalent of 2 eggs)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon zest
- 3-4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Cream the Nuttelex and sugar.
- Add the flours, coconut and salt, and mix.
- In a separate bowl, prepare your Orgran Egg Replacer and add the lemon juice and zest.
- Combine the two mixes together and stir well.
- Pour the batter into the slice tray. This slice will rise a little so allow for this.
- Bake for approximately 25 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven when golden brown on the top.
- You can ice this slice with a sweet icing, or a lemon icing made by combining icing sugar and lemon juice.