We are often short on time at the Sanctuary, so quick, easy meals are essential – this tofu scramble takes five minutes, uses just one pan and is delicious!
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 block of firm tofu, mashed (you can use a fork or simply crumble with clean hands)
- 2 teaspoons of soy milk
- 2 teaspoons of garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 spring onion, chopped (including green part)
- 1 handful of English spinach
- Sauté the chopped onion in vegetable oil over a low heat until transparent.
- Add tofu, nutritional yeast, garlic salt and salt and cook gently for two minutes.
- Add soy milk, spring onion and English spinach. Stir until heated through and the spinach is wilted.
Serve on toast with extra fresh spinach and a generous spoon of Cheezus on top!