- 2 cups of plain flour
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 3/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Glace cherries for the top of the slice
- Add the water and oil to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Prepare a tray for the slice, you can use a smaller tray for a thicker slice. Line the tray with baking paper and pour in the batter.
- Place in the oven for about five to ten minutes and then remove. Arrange the cherries on the top of the slice. Starting the baking process stops the cherries from sinking into the batter.
- Cook for 30 minutes and check the slice. It may require more time depending on your chosen tray (if it is thicker). Use a skewer to check if it is finished (if the skewer comes out clean it is done).