These delicious lemon cupcakes are another favourite at our fundraising events.
Vegan Lemon Cupcakes
* 1 3/4 cups of plain flour
* 1 cup of sugar
* 1 teaspoon of baking soda
* 1/2 a teaspoon of salt
* 1 cup of soy milk
* 1/3 of a cup of canola or vegetable oil
* 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
* 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
* Icing sugar
* 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
* In a bowl, mix the oil, soy milk, white vinegar, lemon juice and sugar with an electric hand held mixer.
* In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt and zest. Stir the ingredients.
* Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix with an electric mixer until combined.
* Spray patty pans with cooking oil and add the batter.
* Bake at 180 degrees C for approximately 20 minutes. When the cupcakes are brown on the top, they are done.
* When the cupcakes have cooled, make an icing out of icing sugar and lemon juice. You can make the icing a thick paste, or you may need to add some hot water to thin the mix if you prefer a thinner icing.