These little puddings are delicious warmed and served with icecream. Gooey underneath, they have a yummy crunchy top.
- Paper muffin cases (sprayed with cooking oil)
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of soy milk
- 1 cup of plain flour
-1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (pressed down into cup)
- 1 egg - we use Orgran Egg Replacer
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups of finely diced pears
- 1/2 cup Nuttelex butter - melted - still hot
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Heat your oven to approximately 180-200 degrees.
- Begin by soaking the oats in the soy milk for 10 to 15 minutes to soften them.
- Combine the flour, soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the egg replacer, oil and brown sugar and stir. Then add this mix to the oats and soy milk and mix.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients together and mix well.
- Fold the diced pears through the batter.
|-Topping (left) and batter|
- Spoon the batter into muffin cases. Fill the cases approximately 3/4 full.
|- Batter with topping |
- To make the topping, combine the melted Nuttelex butter and brown sugar. Stir until the brown sugar has dissolved. Drizzle one to two spoons of the topping mix over the batter.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes. The topping should become a tasty crust.