Our Devonshire Tea on Sunday was a great success. A special thanks to our volunteers Emma and Tracie who put in so much work creating our wonderful scones. They have kindly shared their recipes below so you can make some, too.
Recipe One: Three Ingredient Lemonade Scones
Preheat oven to 180 C (with fan) or 200 C.
-3 1/2 cups of self raising flour
- 1 cup vegan cream - we used coconut cream in the can. Refrigerate the can and take the thick cream off the top, leaving the clear liquid
- 1 cup of lemonade
- Jam to serve
- Combine flour, cream and lemonade in a bowl and mix until flour is mostly combined. The dough should be soft and sticky.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead around 5 times to combine dough. Pat into a disc shape.
- Use a cutter to cut out your scones. Remember to flour the cutter in-between to stop sticking.
- Place on a tray and brush the tops with your choice of milk.
- Bake for 15 minutes. When golden, place on a rack to cool. Place a tea towel over the top to stop them drying out.
Recipe Two: Vegan Scones
Preheat oven to 210 C.
- 3 1/2 cups of self raising flour
- 1 cup of soy milk
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup of lemonade
- Sift flour into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, place the milk and apple cider vinegar together and let stand for about five minutes.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour, add the mixed milk and apple cider vinegar into the well of the flour, along with the lemonade.
- Mix just enough to so that the ingredients are combined.
- Turn out on a floured bench and shape into a rectangle shape. Cut out your scones and place on a floured tray.
- Put the scones next to each other for support during cooking.
- Cook for 12 to14 minutes or until golden.