These muffins are a great way to use up your extra pears. They are delicious cold or re-heated with your favourite icecream.
Pre-heat oven to 180 C.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of all spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 mashed banana
- Orgran Egg Replacer, the equivalent of one egg
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 large grated pear
- 1/3 cup soy milk, or your favourite milk substitute
- In a bowl, combine the 'wet' ingredients, including the fruit. Grate the pear directly into the bowl to catch the juice.
- In a second bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir.
- Spoon the batter into paper muffin cases. Spray the cases with oil first to prevent sticking.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until brown on top.