If your lemon tree is full of fruit at this time of year, we have a delicious recipe for you to try!
Set your oven to approximately 180 degrees C.
- 1/2 cup of Nuttelex butter
- 1 cup of caster sugar
- Orgran Egg Replacer - the equivalent of 1 egg
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 1/2 a teaspoon of baking soda
- 3-4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of lemon zest
- Cream the Nuttlex and caster sugar together in a bowl.
- Add the Orgran Egg Replacer. Mix well.
- Add the flour and baking soda. Stir the batter.
- Add the lemon juice and zest. Mix together well.
- Line a tray with baking paper and drop tablespoons of the mix onto the tray. Leave space between the cookies as the mix will spread when cooking.
- Sprinkle sugar onto the top of the cookies before baking to give them a sweet crunch.
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes. A longer cooking time will give a crunchier cookie. Remove sooner if you prefer a softer cookie.
- These cookies can also be iced with a mix of icing sugar and lemon juice if preferred.