ANZAC Day in the Valley began with a shroud of mist, followed shortly after by a day of heavy rain and wind. The inclement weather meant opportunities for outdoor work were limited. Baking is a great way to be productive while avoiding a tempest. These ANZAC biscuits are tasty, easy and cruelty free. The recipe is an amendment from the popular tried and tested CWA Cookbook recipe. They last for weeks and don’t need refrigeration - great to have on hand for a quick breakfast or a snack on hectic days!
- 1 cup of organic rolled oats
- 1 cup of self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- ½ cup of caster sugar
- 4 tblsp of golden syrup
- 1 tspn of bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tblsp of water, boiling
- 135g of Nuttelex Light, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Dissolve golden syrup and bi-carb soda in boiling water.
- Add the syrup/bi-carb mix and the melted Nuttelex to the dry ingredients, mix well.
- Drop onto baking trays – this mix makes 12 big biscuits.
- Cook for 20 minutes, or more if you like them crunchy rather than chewy.
|ANZAC biscuits are perfect with a mug of tea, in your favourite Damara Lamb Mug|