These cookies are a tasty treat at any time!
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- 1/2 cup of Nuttelex butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar (tightly packed)
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of soy milk (or other milk of your choice)
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of dried fruit (we used sultanas)
- A pinch of cinnamon and a pinch of all spice (amount depends upon how spicy you like your cookies)
- Cream the butter and two sugars together.
- In a separate bowl place all dry ingredients except fruit. Stir the ingredients.
- Add the creamed butter and sugar to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Slowly add milk to the batter and stir.
- Stir the dried fruit through the batter.
- Line a baking tray and place spoons of batter on the tray. Leave space between the cookies and they will rise.
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes or until the cookies have browned.