We are baking again as it is a busy time for events and cake stalls at the Valley. A delicious favourite is this cruelty free Peanut Butter Slice.
Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- 1 cup of peanut butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 2/3 of a cup of soy milk (or your milk of choice)
- Put the peanut butter in a mixing bowl and mix to loosen the peanut butter (and make it easier to work with).
- Add the brown sugar to the peanut butter and stir until creamy.
- Add the flour and oats and stir. Add the milk (slowly) while stirring.
- Line a slice baking tray with baking paper. Pour the batter into the tray and even out using the back of a spoon. The slice will rise so allow for this.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.
|Peanut butter slice before baking.|
- Allow to cool thoroughly before cutting. We cooled ours in the fridge.
|With a drizzle of dark chocolate.|
- We iced our slice with Sweet William dark chocolate. Melt the chocolate in the microwave and drizzle over the slice. Return to the fridge to harden the chocolate.